Associate, Communications and Membership
The National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB) is the national advocate for America’s 550 workforce development boards and job centers, where employers, job seekers, community leaders, and policymakers converge to turn investment opportunity and promise into sustainable job creation and economic growth.
We are seeking an Associate, Communications and Membership to grow current efforts and introduce new, creative approaches to the challenge of communications, outreach, and advocacy for the public workforce development system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the production and distribution of regular communications to members, including organizing content, writing and editing copy, proofing, and disseminating with a consistent tone and brand.
- Draft statements, releases, opinion editorials, and other collateral.
- Manage content development, maintenance and relevance of the association’s website (does not require advanced website skills, but experience preferred).
- Use social networking (Twitter,YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook) and emerging technologies to advance the outreach and advocacy purposes of the association.
- Manage member recruitment and retention; compile copy and oversee production of all print materials, including correspondence, mailings, and list exchanges.
- Provide writing and editing support for projects from other departments.
- Receive and respond to general inquiries via phone and email.
- Perform other duties as directed by the President/CEO and EVP
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to NAWB’s mission and vision for the public workforce development system.
- Individuals with a bachelor’s in a relevant field, such as communications, marketing, journalism, political science, English or nonprofit management. Coursework or experience in web design and/or social media a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated and team-oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Fluency with MS Word, membership management software, Excel, PowerPoint and design experience with desktop publishing software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with website development applications is preferred.
The successful candidate will be a creative, outgoing, hard-working individual with the ability and experience to create content, execute marketing and communications efforts, conduct ongoing advocacy efforts, provide high-quality customer service to current and prospective members, and manage internal communication efforts among association staff and its board of directors. The successful candidate will have the creativity, experience, and skills to work directly with the President/CEO, EVP, and elected leadership.
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes full benefits package.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample via email to email@example.com. The subject heading should read “NAWB Communications Position.” A limited number of applicants will be selected for interviews; names of references will be required from finalists following initial interviews.