What is the WIOA Trailblazer Award?
The WIOA Trailblazer Award is focused on the systemic changes required in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. The award will be presented to the board that has made the most progress in adopting the changes envisioned in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and expanding its ability to develop comprehensive workforce solutions for its community.
Who can submit a nomination?
Workforce development boards that are current NAWB members are eligible to submit nominations.
What are the nomination guidelines?
The WIOA Trailblazer Award nomination measures progress in eight areas:
- Strategic Planning: The strategic planning process, organizations included and the contribution each made, data used, and the key results of the effort.
- Integrated Planning: Planning activities undertaken with adult education and literacy, Wagner-Peyser, and vocational rehabilitation, as well as with any of the other 11 programs included in WIOA as “other potential partners.”
- Sector Strategies: Sector strategies initiated, including both board activities and the role that employers play.
- Governance: Efforts to involve the board in strategic decision making.
- Youth Services: Creative strategies and programs for out-of-school and in-school youth.
- Business Services: Development and provision of training services to employers, such as on-the-job training, customized training, or apprenticeship.
- Career Pathways: Definition of career pathways and development of education and training programs in line with those pathways.
- Integrated Program Delivery: Combination of the services provided with your partner organizations to meet the needs of individuals in a seamless manner.
What is the nomination process?
The award nomination deadline was Monday January 8, 2018 at midnight Eastern Time. Decisions will be made by early February.
Contact Terri Bergman, 202.857.7900 or email@example.com.