National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
As the philanthropic foundation of the National Restaurant Association, the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation’s (NRAEF) mission of service to the public is dedicated to enhancing the industry’s training and education, career development and community engagement efforts. The NRAEF and its programs work to Attract, Empower and Advance today’s and tomorrow’s restaurant and foodservice workforce.
NRAEF programs include:
- ProStart® – a high-school career and technical education program
- Restaurant Ready – partnering with community based organizations to provide opportunity youth with skills training and job opportunities
- Military – helping military servicemen and women transition their skills to restaurant and foodservice careers
- Scholarships – financial assistance for students pursuing restaurant, foodservice and hospitality degrees
- Hospitality Sector Registered Apprenticeship Project – a partnership with the American Hotel & Lodging Association providing a hospitality apprenticeship program for the industry
Workforce boards are critical to the successful implementation of the Hospitality Sector Registered Apprenticeship – the first-ever earn-while-you-learn management apprenticeship program created for the nation’s restaurant, foodservice and lodging industry. With support from workforce boards, apprentices will have access to training, educational resources and employer funding to pursue careers in the restaurant industry. To learn more about how you can get involved, visit ChooseRestaurants.org.
Contact: Gordon Lambourne, VP Communications